21 Lessons I've Learned Since 1995
Hello my sweet readers! Happy Sunday! Today is my 21st birthday and I'm just spending it relaxing. I'll be going out to eat with my family later today. In a few weeks, I'll be celebrating again with some friends in Atlanta. Here's a birthday selfie!
Because it's my 21st birthday, I'm sharing 21 lessons I've learned so far in my life. I've learned a lot more than 21, so I'll share the ones that I find most important!
1. Keep Jesus first. He'll never fail you.
2. Call your parents. Text your siblings.
Visit your grandparents. Basically, just love your family.
3. You are going to meet those few friends who will stay in your life forever. Be thankful for them and don't take them for granted.
4. Be kind and share love.
5. Work for what you want. You won't accomplish anything doing nothing.
6. Find a workout plan that works for you and stick to it. You're only getting older and you only get one body, so make it a good one!
7. Smile more. You'll be surprised at how much that alone will affect your mood.
8. Get up and get going. We all like to relax and that's so important, but get out of bed and get things done.
9. Don't hold grudges. If someone upsets you, talk to them about it and get over it. Life is too short for drama.
10. Sing and dance like nobody is watching. People probably won't judge you, but if they do, oh well!
11. Be thankful. Live life with gratitude because there are people who would love to have even just one aspect of your life.
12. Travel. It's good for the soul.
13. Take lots of pictures. I love looking at pictures. Live in the moment, but also take pictures, especially candid ones. Print them and put them in an album, because when you're 80, you'll look back and smile.
14. Live in the moment. Put your phone down and enjoy the moment.
15. Budget and save your money. Open a savings account and put money away every month. Stick to your budget. As soon as you can, open a retirement account and put money into that too.
16. Take care of your car. Seriously. Get the oil changed regularly and don't ignore the check engine light.
17. Eat healthy, but it's okay to have that slice of pizza and scoop of ice cream.
18. Learn to say no. If you can't or don't want to do something, it's okay to say no.
19. Be yourself. Don't change yourself to fit in.
20. Networking is important.
21. It only takes one person to change the world, so just start by being kind. This world need a whole lot of kindness.
I am so thankful for each and every one of you. I'll be back on Wednesday!